13th Annual SD Beer Week
San Diego County, California, has been called “the Craft Beer Capital of America”. San Diego County is home to over 150 craft breweries – which is the most of any county in the United States.
So when San Diego does BEER WEEK… we go all out!
We know you have a ton of beer to choose from (predominantly IPAs) but we hope you make some time to sip on sours with your friends at California Wild Ales.
We are excited to be hosting SDBW at both our Sorrento Valley and Ocean Beach locations!
Join us November 5-14 as we pack our taps with tons of new beers over the 9 days of SD Beer Week.
The lineup of Beer Releases
Salted Cucumber – November 5
Pickle Rick Day – November 6
- Pickle Rick – Homegrown Cucumbers, Fresh Dill, Malden Sea Salt, Black Peppercorns.
- Spicy Pickle Rick – Homegrown Cucumbers, Fresh Dill, Malden Sea Salt, Black Peppercorns, and Heatpackers
Michelada Flights – November 7-8
San Diego’s Best Michelada served 5 ways!
- Bike Lane Lager served with a Lime Wedge
- Salted Cucumber served with a Cucumber Slice
- Pickle Rick served with a Pickle Slice
- Spicy Pickle Rick served with a Dehydrated Lime Slice
- Mexican Candy served with a Tajin Rim
Blues and Brews / Taste of OB – November 9
Musical Stylings of St James
Ocean Beach Passion Fruit, 5% ABV
Border X Collab Brew – November 10
Barrel-Aged Blood Orange Saison blended with our Golden Sour, 7% ABV
Stone Fruit Frenzy – November 11
- Ocean Peach Wild Ale, 5% ABV
- Del Mar Nectarine Wild Ale, 5% ABV
- Salted Plum Sour, 5% Abv
Grapes of Wrath – November 12
- Petie Syrah Piquette, 5% ABV
- Echoes of Grenache, 5% ABV
- Viognier Piquette, 5% ABV
- Ongemang Blend, 5% ABV
Dark Sour Night – November 13
- Winner Winner Liquid Dinner, 9% ABV – Bourbon Barrel-Aged Dark Sour with Cherries
- Double Barrel-Aged Dark Sour, 11% ABV – Bourbon Barrl-Aged for 12 Months and then transferred into a Maple Bourbon Barrel that previously held Modern Times Monster Park Stout.
Thunderhawk Collab Sour Saison – November 14
This beauty has been three years in the making! Here is your chance to taste what could be the last Thunderhawk brew in town, 7.5% ABV
Who’s Ready to Get Funky?
We are proud to be San Diego’s only all barrel-aged sour house and we are constantly striving to bring you new funky brews. We are honored to be a part of such a thriving San Diego craft beer scene.
As always we keep 10 sours on tap at our tasting room. If you are looking to take your tastebuds on a funky adventure … stop by and taste what you’ve been missing.